Bright and colourful kids clothing brand, Frugi, launched in Cornwall in 2004 after its founder, Lucy, struggled to find clothes that fit over her newborn son’s cloth nappies.
Frugi has been on a mission to show that a sustainable approach, superb design and passionate people can help change the world ever since!
Frugi clothes are distinctive with their bright prints, rainbow colours and designs that appeal to both kids and parents - including their famous Frugi Parsnip Pants!
And when it comes to detail… from reversible outfits, extra wiggle room in clothing and garments that grow with your child, the clever people at Frugi have thought of it all.
This well-loved childrenswear brand is GOTS-certified - with their outerwear made from 100% recycled materials.
WE LOVE... Frugi is instantly recognisable with its bright and fun designs for children. The brand is also synonymous with quality and durability - meaning you should expect to pass items onto siblings and friends.
Frugi's Ethical Values
- Frugi is a GOTS-certified brand (GOTS is the highest textile standard with stringent environmental and social criteria)
- Uses recycled synthetic materials eg. recycled nylon, or polyester
- Uses other alternative fabrics eg. lyocell or modal
- Uses off-cuts of fabrics
- Uses post-consumer waste eg. plastic bottles
- Designs clothes to avoid excess fabric waste
- Low water usage
- Renewable energy along supply chain
- Uses recycled / eco-friendly packaging
- Freight shipped via sea and road as preference; shipping via rail and air also used.