You've got high standards... we've got high standards. Snap!
Sustainability is a complicated subject and at My Little Green Wardrobe we are looking for progression not perfection.
• fabrics made from natural, organic and recycled materials,
• brands and fabrics with GOTS certification - the highest ethical and environmental standard for the manufacture of textiles,
• Oeko-Tex 100 standard for garments made from non-natural fibres - ensuring no harmful chemicals have been used during production,
• packaging made from recycled / biodegradable materials and the use of non-toxic inks for printing.
Brands or products with this symbol adhere to some or all of these environmental properties:
• Certified organic cotton.
• Eco-fabrics eg. lyocell, modal and other natural polymers.
• Fabrics from recycled materials eg. recycled plastic bottles, ocean plastic.
• Clean processes eg. renewable energy, minimal or no harmful chemicals, low water usage.
• Waste reduction eg. brands using post consumer waste, recycled packaging, clothes made from fabric off-cuts.
Brands or products with this symbol ensure ALL of these fundamental workers’ rights:
• Fair Wage - workers are paid a living wage.
• Modern slavery prevention - no forced labour.
• Minimum age requirements - no child labour.
• Worker rights and safety - freedom to form trade unions, and health and safety practices are implemented.
Brands or products with this symbol comply with some or all of the following:
• Only materials used from livestock reared with higher standards of animal welfare.
• Traceability of livestock from farm to factory.
• Upcycled/recycled leather.
Stock meeting the Animals value coming soon!
Brand/garment is vegan therefore no animals are harmed nor animal derivatives used in the production of these items.
NB The majority of garments sold on our site are made using plant-based fabrics with no animals involved in their production. However, we do not classify them as vegan unless the brand specifically tells us they comply with this standard.
Brands or products with this symbol help support small and local business:
• Clothing is manufactured or finished in the UK (or locally to the brand).
• Items produced in the UK help support communities and small businesses, maintaining local economic & social wealth.
Brands or products with this symbol contribute to charitable causes in some or all of these ways:
• Brands collaborate with and support good causes eg. conservation, education or welfare projects on on-going basis.
• Brands give a percentage of profits to charity on an ongoing basis.
• Products from a specific collection give share of proceeds towards good causes.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Brands with this symbol comply with some or all of the following:
• Female-led brand.
• Support female-run initiatives in its supply chain.
• Actively support gender equality in other ways.
• Promote equal access to opportunity to those from ethnically diverse backgrounds.
• Ensure models are ethnically diverse.
• Inclusive to those of mixed ability.
• Has set goals on diversity, equality and inclusion.